Brigham Young University
Taxonomic Focus: Plants
Address: 4058 LSB Provo, UT 84602, USA
Phone: 1 (801) 422-5241
I am interested broadly in patterns of plant diversification and pursue research in phylogenetic systematics, species delimitation, comparative morphology and conservation genetics. Comparisons between levels of morphological and molecular divergence and phylogeographic patterns of divergence are growing areas of activity in my lab. Outreach includes general information on taxonomic groups such as for the Tree of Life Project
and floristic treatments for the Jepson Manual: Flowering Plants of California and the Flora of North America project.
- BS (’91) Brigham Young University
- PhD (’96), Washington State University
- Pre-Doc (’95), Smithsonian Institution Laboratory of Molecular Systematics
- Post-Doc (’96–’97) Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
- Associate Professor and Associate Herbarium Curator at Department of Integrative Biology, Brigham Young University (’99–present)
Born in 1966, Payson, Utah; Highschool Class of 1984; Pre-doctoral research fellow at the Smithsonian Institution’s Laboratory of Molecular Systematics in 1995; Assistant Professor & Herbarium Curator at North Carolina State University 1997-99.